Here's a quick jam for using up all those fall apples. Great as gifts. Cooking time includes processing time.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a blender combine water and apples and puree.
- 2You will need to do this in batches.
- 3Measure 5 cups of the puree and pour into a large stainless or enamel pot.
- 4Add the sugar, spices and lemon juice.
- 5Place on high heat, stirring constantly until a full boil is reached.
- 6Boil hard for 1 minute.
- 7Remove from heat, stir in pectin, skim off foam and ladle into jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- 8Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- 9Adjust times for higher levels.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Jam
Serving Size: 1 (3404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 655.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 169.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 164.2 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: