Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Apple Jalebis are actually apple wafers dipped in the flavorful sugar syrup. They taste best when served hot.This another form of normal jalebis.
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in ¼ cup warm water, and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour and oil together.
- Add the yeast solution to the flour and mix. Make a smooth batter. Add water as needed. Consistency should be like pancake mix.
- Set the batter aside and let it sit in a warm place for half hour.
- Make sure the batter is fermented, but do not over ferment. After fermenting batter will be little lacy.
- Boil the sugar and water together. Add the lemon juice, and cardamom boil for about 8 minutes until syrup is about ½ thread. Lemon juice keeps the mixture from crystallizing.
- Making the jalebis:.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan about 1 inch deep.
- Dip the apple slices into the batter one at a time, making sure the slice is covered with the batter. Then, slowly drop the slices into the frying pan.
- The jalebi will take about 4 to 5 minutes to cook.
- Turn them occasionally. Fry the jalebi until both sides are golden-brown.
- Transfer them into the warm syrup.
- Let jalebi soak in the hot syrup for a few seconds.Than take them out and Garnish with sliced pistachios.
- Serve hot.