Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I saw Rachael make this on her talk show. Looks lovely!
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 4 tablespoons pepper jelly (raspberry or other flavors of all-fruit spread may be substituted)
- 2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 mcintosh apple, cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 250ºF.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp kitchen towel and cook in the microwave for a minute.
- Lay the warm, pliable tortillas out on a clean, flat, work surface.
- Spread one tablespoon of jelly over each tortilla.
- Sprinkle a small handful of cheese over on half of the tortilla and top that with an even layer of sliced apples.
- Top the apples with more cheese and fold the quesadillas in half to create half moons.
- In a skillet over medium to medium-high heat, drizzle some EVOO.
- Place the quesadillas one at a time in the hot pan and heat them on both sides until they are crispy and golden brown, and the cheese has melted, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Transfer each cooked quesadilla to a baking tray in the oven to keep warm as you finish the others.
- Cut each quesadilla into quarters and serve.
I also made this after watching the show. I was very skeptical about eating A) pepper jelly, and B) pepper jelly with apples and cheese, but actually this turned out delicious and everyonw whom i made try them adored them. Don't be scarred of them! aha they are sooo good.
I saw this one too, but used strawberry preserves. I was amazed at how well the apples softened up during the short cooking time. A very quick and yummy snack.