Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I received this in an E-Mail. I have not tried it yet but hope to for Christmas. The recipe did not specify an amount, so I will just guess on the number of cookies.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup apple, chopped unpeeled
- Cream together sugar and shortening.
- Beat in egg.
- Sift together dry ingredients; add to mixture.
- Beat until well blended.
- Stir in apples.
- Drop in the shape of a ball on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 -15 minutes.
These are excellent cookies, some of my favorites! I am posting my recipie (under the name of Apple Jacks Cookies) which is slighty different with the addition of 4 or 5 drops of rum onto each cookie when they come out of the oven. This definately changes/enhances the flavor as I have tried them both ways.