Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 3 tablespoons butter (recommend LAND O LAKES)
- 2 large onions, very thinly sliced (such as Maui or Walla Walla)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves, dried
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1 large apple, unpeeled and thinly sliced (Red Delicious)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (recommend Domino or C&H Granulated)
- 3 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1⁄3 cup bacon bits, cooked (from 3-oz package)
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded (6 oz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (6 oz)
- In 12-inch skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add sweet onions and thyme; cook about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove onions from skillet; set aside.
- Heat oven to 425°F Spray large cookie sheet with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Unroll pizza crust dough on cookie sheet; press dough into 14x10-inch rectangle. Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F
- Meanwhile, in same skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add apple and sugar; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sugar is melted and apple is slightly soft.
- Spread onion mixture over partially baked crust. Top evenly with chicken, apple mixture, bacon, green onions and cheeses.
- Bake 10 to 20 minutes longer or until cheeses are melted and crust is golden brown.