Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an incredibly quick and easy to prepare dinner dish that's surprisingly tasty. I got the recipe from a busy Mom who works full time and comes home to prepare dinner for a family each night.My modifications were minor. It's perfect for one of those times when you just don't have the energy to prepare something special.
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese or 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper and, with rolling pin or metal "chicken pounder" flatten each breast piece to uniform thickness.
- Place chicken in prepared 9 x 13 baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes, depending on thickness and your particular oven.
- Turn chicken pieces and divide apple slices evenly on top of each piece.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Top each chicken piece with a slice of cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 or 10 minutes or until cheese melts and chicken is cooked.
I really loved this combination! I wouldn't have thought to combine cheese and apples on chicken but it was amazing, my boyfriend and I will be making this again for sure.
I did swap the curry powder for montreal chicken spice though and it was good.
It was really quick and easy and the end result looks and tastes gourmet. Thanks for this recipe Greg!