- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 4 large apples, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 slices lemon rind (2 1/2 X 3/4-inches)
- 3 tablespoons fresh horseradish, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter uncovered on HIGH in a microwave-safe 3-quart casserole with a lid, about 1 minute.
- Add the onion and garlic and stir to coat.
- Microwave covered for 2 minutes.
- Add the apples, chicken broth, lemon juice, and jest and microwave, covered for 15 minutes, stirring twice.
- Stir in he horseradish and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the lemon jest.
- Serve warm topped with parsley.