Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This has a nice custard/apple filling. I can't remember where I found this recipe.
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, unbaked
- 2 cups peeled sliced apples
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- chopped walnuts
- Spread apple slices over pie shell.
- Combine eggs, yogurt, cinnamon, salt and honey to make a custard mixture.
- Pour the custard mixture over the spples.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 45 minutes at 375 degree.
- Cool to room tempeture before cutting.
This recipe got mixed reviews at my house. I followed the directions with the exception of adding a 1/2 teaspoon more cinnamon. I was looking for something different and this fit the bill, I enjoyed the flavor. My husband did not care for it much. I probably won't make it again because I bake mainly for my husband.
Delicious! I made this to go along with our Christmas Eve dinner and it was a hit. I used low fat yogurt for anyone who might be interested in cutting down on fat a smidge.Thanks for a keeper!
This sounded really good, so I'm not sure why ours turned out bland and not very flavorful. I followed the recipe as written. Thanks anyway.