Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just made these a few minutes ago as a variation off other oatmeal muffin recipies I saw. Very moist, smells great, and definitely tastes great!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup 2% buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon orange rind
- 2 eggs, beaten or 2 egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons fat-free margarine, melted
- Combine oats and buttermilk in bowl and let sit for 1 hour.
- While waiting for oats to soak, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and sift together the flour, baking power, salt, baking soda, sugar, and cinnamon in separate bowl from the oats and buttermilk.
- Add the eggs (or substitute) to the oats/buttermilk as well as the rine of 2 oranges and the melted fat free margarine.
- Combine the bowl with the oats and wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon mix into muffin tins about 2/3 full.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or longer if needed.
Some ingredients are not listed. No apple or honey mentioned in the title are shown in the recipe.