Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted for 2005 Zaar World Tour. Recipe from Taste of Home recipe site.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large apples, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, eggs and milk until smooth.
- Place butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet.
- Heat at 400° for 3-4 minutes or until melted; tilt pan to coat bottom and sides.
- Pour batter into hot skillet.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute apples in butter until lightly browned. Stir in honey, lemon juice and cardamom.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon into pancake. Serve immediately.
Good! Apple topping is very sweet but delicious. Peeled the apples and thinly sliced. Loved the addition of cardamom. Mixed the batter in the blender which worked well. Had another Dutch baby in the oven so baked at 425 without a problem. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I wasn't sure about the cardamom, so I used cinnamon instead. It was awesome! I will make this again!
Wow there should be more stars to put here for this o so yummy dish. It even works with GFCF Flour. My kids gobble it down and my son usually wont eat any fruit but he ate those apples. I did change one thing, in place of the ground cardamom I used Cinnamon. I didn't have cardamom on hand as I was on vacation visiting relatives. This I supper yummy and the kids give it 20 stars!!! Never has there ever been any leftovers. Thanks a million for your recipe!!!