Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
Adopted recipe, not yet tried by me.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (cut into frying parts, skin removed if you like)
- 1 large red apple (cored and cut into 8ths)
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil (divided)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Mix cinnamon with apple juice in a large bowl; add chicken, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Sauté apple slices in 1/3 cup of oil in a large skillet (approximately 5 minutes over medium heat).
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain.
- Reserve liquid.
- In a plastic bag, place flour, salt, pepper and paprika; shake and mix well.
- Add chicken (a few pieces at a time).
- Shake to coat well.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and cook chicken approximately 10 minutes over medium-to-high heat, or until brown on all sides.
- Drain and discard oil.
- Add reserved marinade and honey to skillet.
- Reduce heat, basting occasionally, about 35-40 minutes.
- Decorate with apple slices.