Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Lovely as a dessert or as a breakfast treat. I used granny smith apples since I prefer tart apples.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and shredded
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and oil.
- Beat in the eggs until light, then stir in the honey and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice; stir into the batter just until moistened.
- Fold in the apples and nuts.
- Bake for 50 to 65 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the crown comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before inverting onto a plate and tapping out of the pan.