Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Honey is the only sweetener used in this bar. Its distinctive flavor works perfectly with the apples.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened to room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 1 golden delicious apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease 13x9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, using wire whisk, beat butter, honey, egg and vanilla until well blended, 1 minute.
- Stir in applesauce until just blended.
- Stir in flour mixture until just blended.
- Stir in apples.
- Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake 32 minutes or until edges begin to pull from sides of pan.
- Transfer pan to wire rack, cool completely.
Very good & moist added extra apple pieces.
Definitely tasty and moist. It is more of a cake than a bar (as others have said). I used whole wheat flour and otherwise followed recipe exactly. Next time, I think I'll make it in a loaf pan, add raisins and nuts and see how that works.
Thanks KC_Cooker for such a light and tasty recipe. I used unsalted butter and whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour, it turned out just perfect. I could give 10 stars if I could.