1/1 Photo of Apple Harvest Bake
1 hr 5 mins
Found this recipe the past weekend in the Sunday paper coupons. Made it last night for my family and my DIL raved about it. I even forgot to put in the rest of the brown sugar until I had the batter on top of the apples. I scooped it back off and added the sugar, but the recipe says to stir "just until moist". Oops. I will definitely be making this again and will follow directions exactly. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup warm apple juice (I used apple cider)
- 2 tablespoons oil (recipe calls for Enova Oil)
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- cooking spray
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine oats, apple juice and oil in a small bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Stir in egg whites and vanilla.
- 3Pour margarine in the bottom of a 9-inch cake pan coated with cooking spray.
- 4Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar. Arrange apple slices spoke-like on top of brown sugar, working from the center of pan to edge.
- 5Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- 6Combine 3/4 cup brown sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl, stir with a whisk. Add oat mixture; stir just until moist. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan 10 minutes. Place a plate upside down on top of cake; invert onto plate. Cut into wedges. Makes 8 servings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Harvest Bake
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.7
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 345.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 4.2 g