Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a really delicious salad. Great way of using up apples and that last bit of ham in the fridge. It was adapted from The Best of Country Cooking. Cooking time is time spent in the fridge. You may also want to add a finely minced garlic clove.
- 3 cups chopped up apples (I've used NZ Beauty)
- 1 cup ham (I buy the sausage/ham ends at the Deli for this purpose. Cheaper but just as good)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix everything together with salt and pepper to taste and chill for about 1 hour.
- If you like, you may double the oil and vinegar amount.
I've paired ham with pineapple before but never thought of using apples. What a delightful salad!!!! I served it on romaine leaves. Makes for a nice presentation and will most definitely please your guests. Hugs to you V'nut-Beyond Redemption and thanks so much for sharing this winner.
Excellent simple side salad. I didn't have any apple cider vinegar so I used some tarragon - It was very tasty/ Served along side sliced tomatoes, cukes and sweet onion & cottage cheese Lovely lunch thanks Velvetinenut for sharing the recipe
Very light and refreshing! Served it with homemade bread adn it was fantastic! Thanks for posting!