Recipe by DoveChocolatierinKY
A caterer friend made these to test, and my goodness, wow! She did not give me exact brand of ingredients, but I'm sure as long as you use good quality ingredients, it will be just as tasty as hers. It definitely had the OMG factor to it!
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 apple, sliced thin (preferably a sweet variety with soft skin)
- 1 slice thick cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 slices thin honey-roasted ham
- 1 -2 tablespoon apple butter, sweet brand
Directions See How It's Made
- Core and slice apple thinly, leaving the skin on.
- Place cheese on one slice of bread.
- Place Ham on other slice of bread.
- Layer Apples, about 5-6 pieces, on top of cheese.
- Spread Apple Butter on Ham.
- Enclose the sandwich.
- Sprinkle a pinch of thyme and rosemary on both sides of bread and press in a Panini or George Foreman grill until cheese is melting and both sides are toasted.