Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A caterer friend made these to test, and my goodness, wow! She did not give me exact brand of ingredients, but I'm sure as long as you use good quality ingredients, it will be just as tasty as hers. It definitely had the OMG factor to it!
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 apple, sliced thin (preferably a sweet variety with soft skin)
- 1 slice thick cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 slices thin honey-roasted ham
- 1 -2 tablespoon apple butter, sweet brand
- Core and slice apple thinly, leaving the skin on.
- Place cheese on one slice of bread.
- Place Ham on other slice of bread.
- Layer Apples, about 5-6 pieces, on top of cheese.
- Spread Apple Butter on Ham.
- Enclose the sandwich.
- Sprinkle a pinch of thyme and rosemary on both sides of bread and press in a Panini or George Foreman grill until cheese is melting and both sides are toasted.
I really enjoyed this as a tasty way to use the leftover ham we've been eating all week. My only suggestion is butter or butter spray to the bread and some raw onion strips to balance the sweetness a little.
This is really, really good! We made these for lunch today. All the flavors really compliment each other! I will be making these again. Wonderful lunch! Made for PARTY holiday event 2009.
Excellent sandwich even though I don't have a panini pan. Cooked this in a frying pan with a little olive oil and pressed down on the sandwich to flatten and melt the cheese. Used every thing the recipe suggested, even though I had never used apple butter before. My daughter has a panini pan and I will definitly send this recipe to her. Thank You for a great sandwich.