- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (chicken broth can be substituted)
- 1 cup rome apple, cored and cut in 1 inch cubes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut in 1 inch squares and separated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 small onion, cut in 1 inch squares and separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 lb halibut, cut in 1 to 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine wine, oil, lime juice, chopped onion, salt, thyme and pepper; mix well.
- Marinate remaining ingredients in mixture 1 to 2 hours.
- Thread apple, pepper, onion and halibut on long metal or bamboo skewers; repeat five times on each skewer, ending with apple.
- Broil or grill 4 to 5 inches from heat 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Serve warm or cold. Makes 4 servings.