1/4 Photos of Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This is another one of my creations. I love grilled cheese sandwichs and Im always trying to make new versions! I reallllllly liked this one! Please only use a tart apple like a granny smith; sweet apples may produce an undesireable result. I really loved this sandwich!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First core your apple, and cut it in half.
- 2Slice very thin slices from the end of one half, until you have enough to cover your bread (not overlapping. Now take your shallot, and shave paper thin slices, about 4 or 5- reserve rest of shallot for another use. Then take your garlic clove, and shave paper thin slices of garlic from the clove, about 4 or 5 slices, reserve rest of garlic for ).
- 3Heat 1/2 tablespoon butter and lightly fry the apple, shallot and garlic. Fry for about 2 minutes and then remove to a plate.
- 4Take one slice of bread, butter one side, and then salt it and place it in the pan, and continue by placing 1 slice of cheese on the bread, layer the apple slices evenly over the piece of bread and randomly place the garlic and shallot pieces, place other piece of cheese on top, and then take second piece of bread, butter and salt one side, and place it on top of the cheese slice, butter side up.
- 5Fry the sandwich over medium heat until browned on both sides, pressing down on the sandwich whiling cooking to slightly flatten it out; When browned nicely, cut in half and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.6
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 53.7 mg
- Sodium 600.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 14.5 g