Recipe by blucoat
This sweet and mild salsa goes exceptionally well with the Cumin-Scented Beet Latkes recipe I posted on this site. Both are from Bon Appétit Magazine (December 2004).
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fuji apples, peeled, halved, cored (about 3 large)
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno chiles
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons packed finely grated lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely grate apples into strainer set over large bowl. Press and turn apples to drain off excess juices.
- Transfer apples to medium bowl; stir in green onions and chiles.
- Whisk lemon juice, honey, and lemon peel in small bowl to blend; mix into apples. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper.