3 hrs 10 mins
I like this better than "plain" grape jelly.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place grapes in a large bowl and mash.
- 2Place grapes, apple slices and water in a large stainless or enamel pot.
- 3Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 min.
- 4Pour juice and pulp thru a damp jelly bag and let drip UNDISTURBED for 3 hours.
- 5Restrain through another damp jelly bag.
- 6If you want you can now save the pulp for grape butter.
- 7Measure 5 cups of grape-apple-add the lemon juice and pour back into the large pot (washed pot that is) and bring to a full boil.
- 8Stir in sugar and return to a full, rolling boil until the jell point is reached.
- 9Remove from heat and skim.
- 10Ladle into steril hot jars leaving 0.125 inch head space.
- 11Process for 5 min in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Grape Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (3290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1149.7
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 296.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 287.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g