Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat granola
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed, undiluted
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine granola cereal, buttermilk, brown sugar, honey and orange juice concentrate. Let stand 5 minutes or until cereal is slightly softened.
- Add egg whites and oil; mix well. Stir in flour mixture only until combined. Stir in chopped apple. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle top of batter with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350° 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing.
This is really moist and dense. I used a low-fat pumpkin seed-flaxseed granola. Gave the bread a nice texture. I ended up with 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg along with the cinnamon because I grabbed the wrong jar but it turned out great.