Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A new twist - almost a combination of pie and cake. Delicious served with whipped topping or all by itself.
- 1 (20 ounce) can light apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 eggs (or equivalent in egg substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x9-inch cake pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and Splenda. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, mix well to combine.
- Add milk and walnuts, stirring until just combined.
- Spread half of mixture into prepared cake pan.
- Spread half of pie filling over top.
- Spread remaining batter carefully over apples and arrange remaining apple pie filling over top.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Place cake pan on a wire rack and let set for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Made this today, and it was very well recieved! I might try it with fresh apples this fall! Thanks!
My husband loved this dessert! When I told him it was nearly sugar free, he said it was perfect. I made it last night and would have rated it only 3 stars right out of the oven. This morning, however, it was much more flavorful and moist. This was very quick and easy to prepare and the next time I make it I might just mix the apple pie filling in with the batter. Thanks for posting.