1/2 Photos of Apple Gorgonzola Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette
My take on the apple gorgonzola salad at Buca di Beppo. I have also made the dressing using Apple Cider Vinegar in place of the Balsamic with excellent results. It is a family and friend favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces romaine lettuce (I prefer spring mix or artisan lettuces)
- 2 granny smith apples, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1/4 lb prosciutto (baked and crumbled) (optional)
- 1If using proscuitto, lay very thin slices on baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, watching so it doesn't burn.
- 2To toast walnuts, place on baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes, watching so they don't burn.
- 3Toss lettuces, apples, walnuts, cranberries, gorgonzola cheese and proscuitto.
- 4To prepare dressing, combine anchovy paste, vinegar, water, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, sugar, cornstarch, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese into blender (or use an emulsion blender). Mix in blender; slowly adding 1 cup oil. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 5Combine salad and dressing, serve.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Gorgonzola Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.8
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 223.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g