Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I recreated this at home after having a very similar salad at Buca di Beppo (an Italian family style restaurant). Ingredient amounts are approximate, because I simply toss in the amount that "looks" right. But, the combination of ingredients are soooo good. I think even the most inexperienced can throw this together without explicit instructions... :) Oh, for the Spiced Walnuts, try something similar to Chef #159145' Spiced Walnuts.
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 3 ounces dried cranberries
- 2 granny smith apples, sliced
- 3 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup spiced walnuts
- italian vinaigrette
- toss all ingredients together and enjoy!
- play with the ingredient amount to find what suits your tastes!
I made this up for lunch today and it was fantastic. I used spiced pecans instead of walnuts because that's what my grocery store had. I loved the combo of ingredients. Made for PAC Spring 2010.