Recipe by Julesong
My absolute favorite pasta dish! My version inspired by the same dish at the Cyclops Restaurant in Seattle.
Top Review by Julesong
As a lower-carb eating diabetic, myself, I wouldn't recommend this dish as a regular part of a diabetic menu. Although it is, indeed, my favorite pasta dish, I can rarely indulge myself by eating it since I was diagnosed. Pasta is very high in carbohydrates.
- 2 inches dry spinach fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium apple, sharp and crisp
- 1⁄4 cup walnut pieces
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettucini according to package directions.
- Cut the apple into 1-inch pieces.
- (Peel first if you like- it's up to you.) Melt one Tbsp of butter in a pan, and saute the minced garlic until soft.
- Add the rest of the butter to the pan, then the walnuts and apples and saute until the apples are just heated through.
- Be careful that they don't get soggy.
- Make sure your noodles are heated (you can run hot water over them if they've gone cold, or perhaps briefly microwave them)!
- Quickly toss the hot noodles together with the sauteed mixture and the crumbled gorgonzola cheese.
- Salt to taste.