Apple Glazed Stuffed Pork Chops
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pork ribs (4) or 2 1⁄2 lbs pork loin chops, 1 inch thick (4)
- 2 slices cinnamon raisin bread, toasted, cut into cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple (1/2 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Heat oven to 350. With sharp knife, make pocket in each pork chop by cutting into side of chop toward bone.
- In medium bowl, mix stuffing ingredients. Stuff each pocket with 1/4 of stuffing mixture, place chops in ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch; stir in apple juice. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat; stir in butter.
- Pour glaze evenly over chops; bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes longer or until pork is no longer pink in center.