Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great way to prepare pork chops.
Make and share this Apple Glazed Stuffed Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pork ribs (4) or 2 1⁄2 lbs pork loin chops, 1 inch thick (4)
- 2 slices cinnamon raisin bread, toasted, cut into cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple (1/2 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Heat oven to 350. With sharp knife, make pocket in each pork chop by cutting into side of chop toward bone.
- In medium bowl, mix stuffing ingredients. Stuff each pocket with 1/4 of stuffing mixture, place chops in ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch; stir in apple juice. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat; stir in butter.
- Pour glaze evenly over chops; bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes longer or until pork is no longer pink in center.
OMG this was outstanding!! I did brown the chops before baking. Poured the sauce on as they baked. Baked chops for 45 minutes. Sauce is to die for. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Seriously, an amazing dish that more people need to try! I didn't use the orange zest or orange juice-my apologies but it was last minute-it still turned out great. Husband couldn't get over it-miracle of miracles! I stuffed about 10 boneless chops-just enough so it wasn't spilling out. I froze the leftovers (individually wrapped in foil). A month later-last night-we finished them off, still amazing flavor. Could be an awesome oamc recipe. Can't wait to try it with the orange zest and juice!