Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A traditional New England style dish. Brings back memories of fresh sage from my herb garden and picking apples off the tree at an nearby orchard.
- 2 apples, peeled
- 1⁄4 golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2⁄3 teaspoon rubbed sage
- salt and pepper
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2⁄3 cup apple jelly
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Finely dice enough apples to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Combine apples, raisins, nuts, onions, sage, salt and pepper.
- Pound chicken breasts between sheets of wax paper until 1/4 inch thick.
- Place a spoonful of stuffing on each breast, roll up tightly, tucking in the sides and secure with toothpicks.
- Bake in an open pan for 45 minutes, brushing frequently with glaze.
- Apple Glaze: In a saucepan combine jelly, butter, orange juice and sherry.
- Simmer 2-3 minutes, makes 2 cups.