Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Low-cal, low effort and delicious. The best part of this recipe is the apple-cinnamon glaze, which goes great over the chicken and a side of white rice. Originally from a free recipe card I got at Giant grocery store.
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs whole chickens
- 1 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees; be sure racks are positioned to allow for roasting a whole chicken.
- Whisk together apple juice concentrate, corn starch and cinnamon in saucepan over medium heat. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Spray roasting pan with non-stick spray. Remove skin from breast portion of chicken and top of drumsticks. Place in pan, breast-side up.
- Spoon some of the apple-cinnamon glaze over chicken breast and drumsticks, enough for a thin coating **To avoid bacterial contamination, never touch the spoon to the raw chicken; you may wish to use a basting brush to spread the glaze around on the chicken, but never bring this into contact with the remaining glaze.**.
- Roast uncovered for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours until cooked through and juices run clear. It is best --but not crucial-- to reapply the glaze every 20 minutes or so.
- Heat remaining glaze in microwave and serve alongside chicken.