1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Low-cal, low effort and delicious. The best part of this recipe is the apple-cinnamon glaze, which goes great over the chicken and a side of white rice. Originally from a free recipe card I got at Giant grocery store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees; be sure racks are positioned to allow for roasting a whole chicken.
- 2Whisk together apple juice concentrate, corn starch and cinnamon in saucepan over medium heat. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- 3Spray roasting pan with non-stick spray. Remove skin from breast portion of chicken and top of drumsticks. Place in pan, breast-side up.
- 4Spoon some of the apple-cinnamon glaze over chicken breast and drumsticks, enough for a thin coating **To avoid bacterial contamination, never touch the spoon to the raw chicken; you may wish to use a basting brush to spread the glaze around on the chicken, but never bring this into contact with the remaining glaze.**.
- 5Roast uncovered for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours until cooked through and juices run clear. It is best --but not crucial-- to reapply the glaze every 20 minutes or so.
- 6Heat remaining glaze in microwave and serve alongside chicken.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Glazed Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.5
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 167.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 38.0 g