1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Low-cal, low effort and delicious. The best part of this recipe is the apple-cinnamon glaze, which goes great over the chicken and a side of white rice. Originally from a free recipe card I got at Giant grocery store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees; be sure racks are positioned to allow for roasting a whole chicken.
- 2Whisk together apple juice concentrate, corn starch and cinnamon in saucepan over medium heat. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- 3Spray roasting pan with non-stick spray. Remove skin from breast portion of chicken and top of drumsticks. Place in pan, breast-side up.
- 4Spoon some of the apple-cinnamon glaze over chicken breast and drumsticks, enough for a thin coating **To avoid bacterial contamination, never touch the spoon to the raw chicken; you may wish to use a basting brush to spread the glaze around on the chicken, but never bring this into contact with the remaining glaze.**.
- 5Roast uncovered for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours until cooked through and juices run clear. It is best --but not crucial-- to reapply the glaze every 20 minutes or so.
- 6Heat remaining glaze in microwave and serve alongside chicken.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Glazed Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.5
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 167.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 38.0 g