Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is just scrumptious. The apples really add to the flavor.
Make and share this Apple Glazed Pork Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 -6 apples, cored and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Rub roast with salt and pepper. Heat oil in frying pan. Brown pork roast on all sides in hot oil. Drain well.
- Place apple quarters in bottom of crock pot. Place roast on top of apples. Combine apple juice, brown sugar and ginger. Spoon over top of roast, moistening well. Cover and cook on LOW 10 hours or HIGH 6 hours.
Awesome dish! Based on the other comments, I had a feeling just apples and ginger was not going to be enough flavor for me, so I made a few modifications and it turned out AMAZING!
1. I browned the pork in garlic butter (I used pork tenderloin)
2. I added half a cup of chicken stock to the apples on the bottom of the crock pot for a bit more flavour and salt
3. I didn't have apple juice, so I substituted apple sauce, and also added a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar for some zing.
Even my super picky sister loved it, as did my two toddlers. Served it with rice and apple sauce, fresh baked rosemary bread and apple cider vinaigrette salad. Yum!
Tasty enough, though I think if I made it again I would use more juice so there would be some to spoon over the meat when served. The real problem was that the acidity actually permanently etched the ceramic of my slow cooker. I might make it again, but I would definitely use a liner to protect the slow cooker.
I made this for the first time two nights ago. Hubby loved it, except he thinks the apples needed something. We ended up topping the sliced roast with some of the apples and sauce from the crockpot, then with some chunky applesauce we had on hand. This was very good warmed over for lunch the next day. Thanks for another great recipe to add to my crockpot collection.