Recipe by looneytunesfan
This is just scrumptious. The apples really add to the flavor.
Top Review by ljlinner
Awesome dish! Based on the other comments, I had a feeling just apples and ginger was not going to be enough flavor for me, so I made a few modifications and it turned out AMAZING!
1. I browned the pork in garlic butter (I used pork tenderloin)
2. I added half a cup of chicken stock to the apples on the bottom of the crock pot for a bit more flavour and salt
3. I didn't have apple juice, so I substituted apple sauce, and also added a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar for some zing.
Even my super picky sister loved it, as did my two toddlers. Served it with rice and apple sauce, fresh baked rosemary bread and apple cider vinaigrette salad. Yum!
- 3 lbs pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 -6 apples, cored and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub roast with salt and pepper. Heat oil in frying pan. Brown pork roast on all sides in hot oil. Drain well.
- Place apple quarters in bottom of crock pot. Place roast on top of apples. Combine apple juice, brown sugar and ginger. Spoon over top of roast, moistening well. Cover and cook on LOW 10 hours or HIGH 6 hours.