Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Don't heat up the kitchen; try these on the grill. They have just a hint of cinnamon and cloves.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- If using wooden skewers, soak skewers in water for 30 minutes. Drain before using.
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch cubes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Sprinkle with garlic powder, black pepper and celery salt; toss gently to coat.
- For Glaze: In a small saucepan, combine jelly, honey, lemon juice, butter, cinnamon, and cloves. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer; uncovered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- Alternately thread meat, sweet pepper and onion onto eight 12-inch metal or wooden skewers. Drizzle kabobs with oil.
- Place kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until meat is slightly pink in center and vegetables are tender, turning frequently and brushing with glaze during last half of grilling.