Recipe by Tallie in Pacific NW
A true keeper. This is a work of art and quite tasty. When I first created this dish, my hubby announced that I hd finally learned hw to cook! I wanted to knock him out! I am happy to inform you, he lives and breathes today, altho, in the kitchen of another...it's called-THE DOG HOUSE! lol This is a wonderful dish, w/a bit of a kick to it. Enjoy guys & gals!
Top Review by Lise S.
This is the best overall recipe I have made in awhile from food.com. I did change it up a bit and without making it before exactly as written, I would do just as I did this time. Instead of apple juice I used a dry sparkling Italian white wine and Gala apples. The dish came out plenty sweet and the sweet spices were absolutely delicious with pork. I used a porter house cut of locally raised Iowa pork. I served it alongside sweet potato, carrots and green beans. The glaze was wonderful for the sweet potato. Opening up a bottle of Moscato was a must to serve with this meal. The wine I used for cooking wouldn't have been sweet enough so the floral and fruit rich Moscato went down way to easily it was so great with this delicious recipe!
- 4 pork chops, boneless and 1 1/2 inches in thickness
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- garlic salt
- course grind black pepper
- ground allspice
- ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 granny smith apples, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray skillet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Over medium-high heat, saute garlic salt for 2 minutes
- Add pork chops. Brown on each side.
- Sprinkle pepper, allspice and cinnamon evenly over chops. *Use as much, or little as your little heart desires.
- Add honey, apple juice and Worcestershire sauce. reduce heat and simmer 30-45 minutes until chops are tender and brown. Save drippings.
- Transfer chops to serving platter and keep warm.
- In small mixing bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Whisk into skillet over med-high heat until drippings thicken into a glaze.
- Add apple slices to skillet and cook until tender. Approx 5-10 mins on medium heat.
- Remove from heat and spoon over chops.