Prep 24 hrs 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sounds like a weird recipe when you read the ingredients but it is sooo yummy. Even my baby bro who hates pork loves this!
- 4 granny smith apples, cored and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 boneless pork chops
- Place apples, pineapple and juice, vinegar, sugar, mustard, water, honey, garlic, cayenne pepper, and onion powder in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the apples are tender, about 15 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature, then puree in a blender until smooth. Place the pork chops into a resealable plastic bag, and pour the apple puree over top. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate. Remove pork chops from marinade, and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.
- Cook on preheated grill until the chops are no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per side depending on the thickness.