1 hr 30 mins
Pinaygourmet #345142's Note:
Apples are nice whether dessert or an accompaniment to white meat. Serve this with steamed vegetables or roasted baby potatoes on the skin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 dessert apple, quartered
- 4 (1 3/4 lb) rock cornish hens
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, large finely grated
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- apple, slices to garnish
- lemon slice, to garnish
- 2 -3 sprigs flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- 1Place an apple quarter inside each hen, set the hens in a roasting pan, and make cuts in the flesh.
- 2Brush with the butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Mix together the remaining ingredients, except the garnish, and pour over the hens.
- 4Roast the hens in a preheated 375F oven for 11/4 hours or until the juices run clear.
- 5Turn the hens 3-4 times during roasting, and baste well with the cooking juices. remove from pan and let stand, covered with foil, for 10 minutes.
- 6Skim off the excess fat from the cooking juices, place the pan on top of the stove, and boil, stirring, until slightly reduced.
- 7Arrange the hens on a warmed platter, garnish, and serve at once. Pass the cooking juices separately.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Glazed Cornish Game Hens
Serving Size: 1 (963 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2234.9
- Calories from Fat 1406
- Total Fat 156.2 g
- Saturated Fat 47.4 g
- Cholesterol 1071.3 mg
- Sodium 592.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 177.2 g