1/1 Photo of Apple Glazed Corned Beef
3 hrs 10 mins
Shirl (J) 831's Note:
This recipe is for 100 people. I am compiling some recipes for large groups. There always seems to be a request for that here at Zaar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place whole pieces of corned beef in steam-jacketed kettle or stock pot; cover with water.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Cover, reduce heat and simmer about 5 hours.
- 4Internal temperature of corned beef should read 180 to 200 degrees F.
- 5During cooking period, remove scum that rises to the surface.
- 6Remove cooked corned beef from juice and place in roasting pans (18 by 24-inches).
- 7Combine apple juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard and brown sugar.
- 8Pour equal amounts over meat in roasting pans.
- 9Place in 350F oven and bake 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes.
- 10NOTE: 1. After 3 hours cooking, test each piece of meat with a fork to determine the tenderness.
- 112. Because the grain of brisket runs in many directions, turn the piece of meat while carving to insure cutting across the grain.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Glazed Corned Beef
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 100
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.7
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 200.2 mg
- Sodium 2421.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 37.4 g