Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 boneless beef brisket (4 to 5 lbs.)
- 1 medium quartered onion
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 ounce apple jelly
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard or 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons green onions, minced w/tops
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- tomatoes, cut into roses
- Place brisket; onion, garlic and cloves in large dutch oven.
- Add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until tender.
- Drain brisket, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- To prepare glaze, combine apple jelly, wine, mustard, green onions, salt, peppercorns and curry powder in small saucepan and heat until jelly melts, stirring occasionally.
- Place brisket in shallow roasting pan.
- Brush with glaze and roast in preheated 325-degree oven 45 minutes, basting frequently with glaze.
- Place brisket on heated serving platter and garnish with parsley and tomato roses.
- Carve brisket into thin slices and serve with remaining glaze.
- Brisket may also be cooked on charcoal grill for 30 minutes, basting often with glaze.
Yet another winner Dancer, we all loved it, that sauce is so good and meat so tender, were so tired of barbequed types of sauce. Thank You!