Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sounds simple and good. From the American Diabetes Association.
- 3 cups baby carrots (about 1 1/2 bags)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 3 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 2⁄3 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a steamer over 2 inches of boiling water, steam the carrots, covered, for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Melt the margarine in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the apple juice concentrate and cook until it melts.
- Add the broth and cinnamon and bring to a boil.
- Mix together the cornstarch or arrowroot powder with the water.
- Add to the skillet, lower the heat, and cook until thickened.
- Add the carrots and toss well to coat.
We enjoyed the light taste of cinnamon with the apple juice. Used about 1/4 teaspoon of Penzey cinnamon and Herb ox Chicken Flavored Sodium Free Bouillon Instant Packets, instead of the broth. Made for "Come to a Garden Party" Recipe Tag Game