Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Studded with fruit and nuts, this quick breads makes a great gift -- if you can part with it. From Cuisine.
Combine Dry Ingredients
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
Add to Wet Mixture
- 2⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
Fold Wet into Dry Mixture Add
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Whisk Together for the Glaze
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, zest of, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Coat a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda with a whisk.
- Using a whisk disperses the baking soda evenly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk sugar, oil, and eggs vigorously until color lightens.
- Now add applesauce, buttermilk, and ginger; fold into dry mixture.
- Gently fold in raisins and pecans.
- Immediately pour batter into pan and bake 55–60 minutes; test with skewer.
- Wait 10 minutes before removing bread from pan.
- Glaze then cool bread completely on rack (up to 3 hours).
This is wonderful, even made with Splenda (the glaze also!) I subbed almonds for pecans and dried cherries for the raisins, and added some chopped candied ginger. Thanks for posting!