1/1 Photo of Apple-Ginger Scones
Karen From Colorado's Note:
Use a firm eating apple for this recipe. Braeburn, Gala, Granny Smith and Haralson are all good choices. Soft or excessively juicy apples will add too much moisture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Spray cooking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
- 4Cut in butter with a pasty blender or a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Stir in apple and ginger.
- 6Beat eggs in a small bowl.
- 7Stir in cream and lemon peel.
- 8Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- 9Gently knead dough 5 or 6 times on a lightly floured surface.
- 10Place dough on the prepared cookie sheet pressing into an 8 inch round about 1 inch thick.
- 11Cut into 8 wedges seperating slightly.
- 12Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown and center is set.
- 13Glaze: Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice; blend well.
- 14Drizzle warm scones with glaze.
- 15Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple-Ginger Scones
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.1
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.5 mg
- Sodium 373.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: