Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy and quick recipe to saute' any white fish in a pan. I like to freeze the fish fresh wrapped in plastic and put in a zip lock bag. You can put it in the pan frozen and add the pan sauce to it. great as a sandwich on a bagle with homemade tarter sauce, slice of onion and tomato or as the main dish with rice and Asparagus
- 5 1⁄2 ounces apple juice
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1 lb cod
- Mix juice, soy sauce (you can replace it with worchestshire sauce) and ginger in a liquid measure cup.
- Add to hot pan and reduce by half.
- Wisk in cornstarch mixture. place cod in a nonstick pan and add the pan sauce, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn over and cook a few more minutes or until fish is flakey with a fork.
- You can use any white fish you prefer and serve as a sandwich on a bagel or as the main dish.
This made a nice sauce for the perch that I cooked. I had never cooked white fish like this before. Thanks LOGMAN! Made for Pick a Chef(PAC).