Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
From Fitness magazine, November 2006
Make and share this Apple-Ginger Oat-Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons extra- light olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped unpeeled apple
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon extra- light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped unpeeled apples
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line the cups of a standard muffin pan with paper liners or coat cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a measuring cup, combine milk and vinegar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine next 7 dry ingredients. Make a well in the center; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk with next 5 ingredients.
- Pour mixture into well and stir until batter is still slightly lumpy.
- Pour into muffin pan.
- To make topping: In a bowl, combine flour and cinnamon. Stir in oil until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in apple. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan on a rack; remove from pan to cool completely.