Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup apple, diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt (soy if you want vegan)
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk
- Preheat oven to 350 and line pan with paper liners.
- Sift together the flour, ground ginger, baking powder and salt into a small bowl. Stir in the candied ginger and apples.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil and yogurt until there are no lumps. Alternately beat in flour mixture and soy milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk. Beat until smooth.
- Scoop batter into pan and bake 22-26 minutes or until golden brown and top springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.