1 hr 5 mins
Carrie Ann's Note:
This chutney is delicious with pork,chicken,or ham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large granny smith apples, peeled,cored,and chopped
- 2 cups minced onions
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1/4 cup minced peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1In large saucepan combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over moderate heat, stirring constantly.
- 2Continue to boil,stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until it is thickened.
- 3Spoon chutney into glass jars with tight-fitting lids.
- 4The chutney keeps, covered and refrigerated, for 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Ginger Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (2194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.0
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 321.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 85.3 g
- Protein 2.0 g