Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This marinade makes chicken extremely moist and flavorful. Great for grilling or baking! The cook time includes the important marinating time. It requires overnight, but the longer the better. I stumbled upon it while doing an internet search and don't know the site I found it on, so if its your recipe feel free to let us know! Its a good one!
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- In a 4-6 cup volume bowl whisk together apple juice, apple cider vinegar and vegetable oil.
- Next whisk in the honey.
- It is helpful to use the same measuring cup that you just measured the vegetable oil in, to allow the honey to easily slide out.
- Continue whisking until combined.
- Whisk 1 tbsp ginger.
- Mince 3-4 garlic cloves according to size of cloves and taste.
- Whisk in garlic.
- Marinade 4-8 chicken breasts, depending on size, in large lidded bowl or disposable zip top baggie.
- This makes a lot, over 2 1/2 cups, but with these ingredients on hand, its easy to mix up more if you need it.
- Marinate chicken at least 8 hours in refrigerator.
- Grill or bake as desired.
I let the chicken marinade for about 18 hours and it turned out to be incredible. This is positively one of the best marinades i have used. If you really like ginger, i would recommend adding 1 tsp.
This was good! Next time I will add more soy sauce and honey. I think the apple juice and cider vinegar was too much. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag Game 2010.
Very tasty! I Marinated my chicken (cut in cubes) for about 15 hours which I then skewered and grilled on the BBQ with pinapple. Since this recipe didn't mention what to do with the soy sauce, I added it at the end and just whisked it in.