Recipe by seasonista
Tastes like fall! The fresh ginger spices up the sweetness of the apples, while the nuttiness of the walnuts gives it more depth of flavor. Just sweet enough to feel like a treat.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled & diced finely
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, quartered & thinly sliced (2 med)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and set aside.
- Beat eggs, then mix in apple sauce, oil, vanilla, molasses, ginger, apples & walnuts.
- Add apple mixture to dry ingredients, mix until just moist.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 9 baking pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly, slice & serve. If you want more sweet, you could drizzle a caramel glaze over the top, or spike by drizzling brandy over it.