Recipe by Graybert
A perfect cake to bake when unexpected company stops by! Take from Taste of Home.
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pie filling in a blender; cover and process until the apples are in 1/4 inch chunks.
- Pour apples into a mixing bowl and add dry cake mix and eggs.
- Beat on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13 inch x 9 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.