1 hr 30 mins
jenny butt's Note:
Galette is the French word for flat cake OR tart.......this version is a pastry free apple tart, and is made with granny smith apples for their firmness and tartness........for a softer sweeter version, golden delicious apples can be used.................this recipe is from Better Homes & Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre heat oven to 180 o Celsius.
- 2Line the base & sides of a round 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- 3Heat the butter in a pan over low heat until melted.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Add lemon zest, lemon juice,and 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, stir until well combined.
- 6Peel the apples and put in bowl of cold water.
- 7Take an apple , cut into 1/4 's then core.
- 8Cut each 1/4, and slice to paper thin , and return to water.
- 9Repeat with remaining apples.
- 10Drain the apples & pat dry with paper towel.
- 11Put apple in larg bowl & add butter mixture and stir to coat.
- 12Arrange a layer of butter coated apple slices in a circle around the base of the prepared tin, overlapping slightly.
- 13Sprinkle with a little of the remaining sugar.
- 14Continuing layering in circles with remaining apple slices & sugar.
- 15Melt the EXTRA butter & stir through the EXTRA sugar.
- 16Spoon or brush butter & sugar mixture over the top of the apple.
- 17Bake GALETTE in the oven for 50 - 60 mins OR until the apple is tender and golden on top.
- 18Stand to cool.
- 19When COLD, cover & refridgerate.
- 20Remove galette from the tin and cut into wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Galette
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.2
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.2 mg
- Sodium 20.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 74.7 g
- Protein 1.0 g