1/2 Photos of Apple Galette
1 hr 20 mins
The galette was possibly the first pastry invented. This one is rustic and very delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl combine flour, sugar and salt.
- 2Add 1/2 cup cold butter and cut into dry ingredients until it resembles coarse meal.
- 3Add egg yolk and 2 tablespoons water, stir until mixture forms a ball.
- 4Form dough into flat disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill about 1 hour.
- 5Peel and core apples, cutting each into 8 wedges.
- 6In a pan over medium heat add remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add apples.
- 7Cook apples over heat until edges slightly brown, then add brown sugar and nutmeg. Cook another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 8Roll dough into circle on lightly floured surface.
- 9Carefully transfer dough to parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 10Pour apple mixture into center of pastry mounding apples in center.
- 11Gently fold edges of dough over apples, pleating as you go, leaving an opening about 4 inches wide in the center. Brush pastry with beaten egg.
- 12Bake in 375 degree oven about 40-45 minutes (until pastry is brown and apples are tender when pricked).
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Galette
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.3
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 121.0 mg
- Sodium 255.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 35.7 g
- Protein 5.3 g