Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Lovely made in the fall with u-pick apples, served with real maple syrup over top.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 -6 apples, peeled,cored and sliced thin
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Beat in sugar, milk, oil and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir dry ingredients into batter.
- Refrigerate batter for one hour.
- Add apple slices to batter.
- Heat oil for deep frying to 370, preheat oven to 250.
- Drop large tablespoons of batter into hot oil and fry until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Keep fritters warm on a rack on a cookie sheet in oven.
- Serve with maple syrup drizzled over top.
A great tasting dish----Found it it to be quite good and will be trying it again . Thanks.