Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy! My family considers this to be a real treat. It comes from the Youth For Understanding Through International Recipes, and is a recipe from the Netherlands. this recipe was contributed by Edwin Sluis Preparation time includes standing time for the coated apple. Cook time is estimated.
- Combine flour, beer and salt to make a batter.
- In a separate small bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Coat apple slices in cinnamon and sugar mixture, and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Dip apple slices in beer batter and fry in hot oil until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve while hot.