Recipe by Danny Beason
Straight from their website to you: http://www.applewoodfarmhouserestaurant.com/recipes-apple-fritters.html
Top Review by Mrs. Danger_horse
Yum yum yum. Absolutely LOVED these! Even better frying up the batter the second day as the orange flavour had permeated more. Aussie cooks: I only used 1 cup flour and the texture was just about perfect.. our flour has more gluten in it. Definitely will make again soon!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple (with skin on)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend sugar with all wet ingredients.
- Fold in orange zest, salt and baking powder.
- Fold in flour.
- Fold in chopped apples. Do not over mix.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter in 325 degree oil and fry until golden brown.
- Dust with powdered (icing) sugar for serving.