Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Straight from their website to you: http://www.applewoodfarmhouserestaurant.com/recipes-apple-fritters.html
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple (with skin on)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Blend sugar with all wet ingredients.
- Fold in orange zest, salt and baking powder.
- Fold in flour.
- Fold in chopped apples. Do not over mix.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter in 325 degree oil and fry until golden brown.
- Dust with powdered (icing) sugar for serving.
Yum yum yum. Absolutely LOVED these! Even better frying up the batter the second day as the orange flavour had permeated more. Aussie cooks: I only used 1 cup flour and the texture was just about perfect.. our flour has more gluten in it. Definitely will make again soon!
just got done serving to my family. Everyone loved them! Thanks for the great recipe
My DH found this recipe and said it was just like his gran used to make. So we did up a batch and they were DELICIOUS! Thanks for posting. We will definitely make them again.